Travelblog Europe

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Meat, Escalators, and Pictures (finally!)








Greetings! It took a while to recover from Serbia. I had a wonderful fellow traveller who could point out both the wonders and challenges of the land. There is a lot of work to be done there. The food was delicious. On the meaty side...who would have thought to stuff meat with meat! Only a meat lover. Those on the Atkins diet would survive well in Serbia. One could consider cucumbers the only vegetable!

I finally had a chance to upload pix to the blog. They are of my temporary apartment, the view from my apartment, and pictures of buda- the more green side, and pictures of the Parliament and the Chain Brige which I cross every day. The photo of the Mammoth is the entrance to a shopping mall. The photo of the urban square is Moskva ter, which is a major transfer point for those taking public transportation. This square is perhaps the uglyist square ever to be seen, but I think that is it's charm. Its a hubbub of trams, busses, people, and commericial activity.The metro system is one of the oldest and the trains are still from Russia. i have to get used to the fast-pace and steepness of the escalators. I cant imagine a drunk person surviving the speed of these escalators let alone someon who is tipsy.

Thats a short update for now. The sun is shining and it's Friday! Off to Prague next week....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos! How are your Hungarian language skills coming along?

3/29/2006 12:14:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the pics. And meat stuffed with meat sounds brilliant, just brilliant.

3/29/2006 01:32:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home